The Bike

The first tiem I rode my brand new purple bike without training wheels scared me. With the training wheels I felt safe and was given support. Without the wheels I felt unstable and on my own. As my dad sat in the driveway with me working to take of the training wheels he told me that he would have a hand on my back for support, and once I was moving correctly he would take his hand away. Once the wheels were off and my helmet was on dad helped me get on the bike and kept it still on the side walk, "Are you ready?" he wispered in my ear. "Yes!" I replied. As I began to pedal my dads toucgh strted to fade on my back and once his hand was gone I crashed. I look down at my knee and it has a scrape and was bleeding. Dad ran over and asked if I was okay, I only nodded my head yes and picked up my bike and tried again. For the second time my dads touch faded much quicker this time and there I was off gliding diwn the side walk on my own. I was free, the wind touching my face was something i've never felt before.