The Day The Colors Went Away | Teen Ink

The Day The Colors Went Away

By ErinKim BRONZE, Opelika , Alabama
ErinKim BRONZE, Opelika , Alabama

I feel like I don't belong. I'm just here because I have to be. No one cares or appreciates me. I'm there when you need me but you disappear when I need you. I'm calling out for help but no one's answering. "Please! Help me!" I yell. Everyone just looks at me funny and they all walk away from me.

Suddenly, the color from my eyes disappear and all I see is black and white. That's all I see for a long time. I feel numb and I don't care about anything anymore. I could die and no one would notice because no one needs me like I need them and it's painful. I like being alone, but I don't like being lonely. I need someone next to me while I'm crying, to hold me or else my mind takes me to dark places.

One day, the color returned to my eyes. Everything was shiny and glowing, I could feel someone holding me telling me everything was going to be alright. I believed it. I believed everything he told me. He was the person I'd been waiting for, the person I'd stay awake dreaming about. He was my friend. He cared about me and he understood me. He let me see the world again. I could finally breathe.

Until the color disappeared. As it slowly went away, I felt myself dying with it. Without a word he disappeared. I didn't know where he went. I called out for help again and no one answered. He heard me, but he walked away without even looking at me. I was slowly dying, and it was painful. I missed the color. I missed the old me. What did I do to lose the color again? I wanted it back, I wanted him to hold me again and tell me everything was alright. I knew the color was gone and so was he. Until one day I saw it again. Color. Him. I ran over and told him about the agony, the pain, how much I missed him and the color..... But all he did was laugh. I was confused, hurt, angry, and upset. I didn't know what to do. He was laughing at my pain and tears. There was nothing I could do but listen. Listen to him laughing while I was hurt. So I gave up.

The colors were fading more quickly now and I let them. So while he was laughing at my pain, I slowly died. I died alone, miserable, and hurt. And even though he laughed at me and hurt me, I still missed him and the colors.

on May. 10 2017 at 8:22 pm
Camille_Kraus SILVER, Opelika, Alabama

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
-Albert Einstein

I love it❤