A Reflecting Thought.. | Teen Ink

A Reflecting Thought..

By MaKeira GOLD, Eagle Lake, Minnesota
MaKeira GOLD, Eagle Lake, Minnesota

I am not the brightest crayon in the box, and I may not be your favorite, but i'm not worried because some day you'll need me to finish your picture. ~ Unknown to me who made the quote

There is a boy with blonde hair and dusted eyes. He’s as tall as he is thin to state plainly he’s almost a twig.The scars that he carries go beyond just what the outsiders of this world see on his physical being..they run deep in his skin and they all carry something that burdens his mind with stale and cruel disbeliefs.  His life is intertwined with in mine on so many complex levels. He’s not my lover currently, but he was once and always tells me he will be again. “ There’s something undeniable about history” is always my comment to him because rather than kill of his ideal, and rather than encourage it because I myself am preoccupied by the forces of life, and for the moment can barely understand how to keep my own head above water..have this system of making sure that  I am  keeping a mental note of everything from what he says to how he responds to what I say.. He’s been my best friend for almost six years now, and in these six years we’ve always found that we are each other’s back bones through the struggles good and bad that we face, and that we wouldn’t have a functional way to other wise go about our daily lives. Fallouts, disputes, regretted use of nasty and hateful words always rise to the occasion, but during these times we realize that the other person has a lot of truth to their point. He’s always fighting a battle, and often when he finally asks for help I do him a dishonor by telling him that I can not help him with the problem at hand, and that he needs to do it himself. I often wonder why he doesn’t hate me for the way I think that people should first take the chance of trying to make change on their own. I love this boy as much as I understand the meaning of trust for he truly knows more about me than any given person you could ask. I can not think about a time that I would be able to try to live without him in my life. People can die of broken hearts, and despite the fact that I know fully that he is better off without my company..that i would die if he were to leave. I’ve made a vow to be as good to him as he is to me.  I’ve never given up on him..I believe fully that he’ll eventually tame his restless heart, and accomplish the things he dreams of. I'll always be his number one fan. I can’t shine without a reason. My best friend is my reason.

It was a quick and unexpected text that ccame into my thoughts from my friend.