Me and 2016 | Teen Ink

Me and 2016

January 2, 2016
By mcginn96 BRONZE, Drogheda, Other
mcginn96 BRONZE, Drogheda, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Thats the thing with music, when it hits you, you feel no pain"


What 2016 means to me?  LIFE AFTER MY TEENAGE YEARS


Let’s start with what 2015 was…a year to make things right. A year to fix things. A year to make up for things. A year to find myself and who I was. A year to complete the most gruelling set of exams I will probably ever have to take in my life. A year where I turned 19. A year where I faced fears (apart from heights). A year where I finally got a job. A year where I said goodbye to people, family members, teachers, friends, enemies. A year where new people came into my life, some of who are still there. A year where I had to decide what I wanted to do with the rest of my life (it didn’t happen).  All in all, 2015 was a year of fixing, forgiving and forgetting.

 

So now that 2015 has come and gone, what will 2016 bring? It’ll bring what I make it bring. 2016 is a new chapter in everyone’s lives, what people don’t realise that they have the pen to write it, they have the paint brush to paint it. They have to power, I have the power to make 2016 what I want it to be. 2016 is a year of living, I’m in a place where I don’t have to focus on the past or fixing the past. I can focus on the future, focus on making the future what I want it to be, with the people I want to be in it. I’m leaving behind the people who only want to take the pen out of my hand and write it for me and leaving behind the people who only rip up the pages. I go forward in the best place I have ever been in my life, ready to take control of the pen and map out my own life from here on out. There will be happy times, sad times, tough times, but the power of the pen is strong enough to get through any situation. So to me, 2016 means not only a new chapter but a new book written and illustrated by me and only me.