Tapping the Pencil by the Window | Teen Ink

Tapping the Pencil by the Window

November 4, 2014
By Anonymous

She sits by the window anxiety eating her thoughts and soul tearing her to shreds. Tapping the pencil the same way since third grade. The teacher says be quiet! She still taps the pencil. The anxiety still eating her. The teacher lectures on. The girl taps her pencil like she did in third grade when she was scared. She taps the pencil back and forth while the teacher lectures on. Be quiet! You’re annoying me! Why don't you go somewhere else! Get the h*ll out of my class room if you do not stop! You’re worthless! Can't you do something right! Do you hear me?!? Are you there idiot! Like I said she’s a dumb blonde! Eww she is ugly! You’re just not good enough... You failed as usual failure! Typical loser always has her nose in a book!  Never was truly bright! I wish I had a normal daughter!  Shooting going a million miles a second her thoughts move she hears these things bullying arguing no peace. Bullying arguing no peace! It’s the same routine that has been going on since third grade. The girl by the window tapping her pencil her thoughts tearing her to shreds. The teacher lectures on and continues to yell. The girl leaps off the ledge from her bed room window. The girl by the window tapping her pencil is silent. Still the teacher lectures yelling. Still there is no peace. A desperate cry for help a little plead. The girl tapping her pencil by the window is dead. Still the teacher yells as if the tapping girl was there by the window scared. The shaded hazy gray English class room by the window where the girl tapping her pencil sat, the rain leaks through the wind screams back. Silence is not the word. The words were dead silent. Listen very carefully what you don’t hear could kill somebody else.