Anxiety Sucks | Teen Ink

Anxiety Sucks

August 18, 2014
By Jasminelily95 SILVER, Jakarta, Other
Jasminelily95 SILVER, Jakarta, Other
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"She loved mysteries so much, she became one." Paper Towns by John Green


Having anxiety sucks. It's like you're on an endless battle that you just don't know when it will end. On some days I feel so alone and lost and it really does consume my brain with negative energy and I end up wanting to seclude myself from society and just be alone to suffer. But there are some days where I feel like I want to change my life, I want to be brave enough to step outside and live life, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. See, that's the thing about anxiety, it can never go away but it is manageable.

There are things that can trigger anxiety. It could be a bad memory from the past, a fear, peer pressure, high expectations, or maybe a person that completely destroys us. It's hard really to set aside all of these negative influences when it takes effort to not think about it.

It has been years since I first found out I was suffering from anxiety, and I am proud to say that I have been so much better at controlling it. There are some rituals that I do whenever I feel tense, such as doing something productive like reading, writing, cleaning my room, cooking, or even just doing some random dancing, every one has their little odd rituals that completely puts them at ease.

Up until today, I am still struggling on how to manage my anxiety. Although it may seem hard sometimes, I believe everything happens for a reason and God will never put me in a position that I cannot go through. I've been thinking on tracking my anxiety record using a anonymous user name where I wish to help other teenagers around the world to let them know that they not alone and we all can go through this together :)


The author's comments:
When I tell to most people that I have anxiety, they almost could not believe me. I am seen as a cheerful and bright person that is always the first person to crack up every time someone tells a joke and overall, I seem like a bright and happy person that has everything all figured out.