My personal experience for being a father | Teen Ink

My personal experience for being a father

By eliNpetersbae23 BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana
eliNpetersbae23 BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana

I’ve witness teens having a child in an early age, but it never came in mind that I would have one of my own at an early age. I was shocked by the news knowing that I made a mistake but it’s my fault for getting my girlfriend pregnant, don’t get me wrong, I’m not like does guys who leaves their child in an age where I won’t be in her life. No! I’m willing to be there for her every moment that comes; I would be there when she speaks for the first time or when she takes her first step, When she was born we didn’t know what to name her but then I thought about it and I wanted to name her Edalina Marie, I wanted a name that no one has, well that I know of. Since the news I’ve been applying for a job to support my Lady and for my daughter, I’ve should of waited till marriage but at the time I was thinking, once you grow out of your teen age life gets harder when a new child is born, I’m not going to lie she is a blessing in my life, just seeing her happy and smiling is like seeing an angel spreading her wings. But for advice I consider every teen to wait till marriage because once you make that one mistake you won’t be able to enjoy your teen life, you won’t have time to go out and have fun so just enjoy it because you only have one chance to be a teenager and life is short, no doubt. Now for the guys I advise you to be responsible and be a man and take care of your child cause if you don’t you turn out to be nothing and worthless and you will probably have to pay for child support and I know that the ones who leave their child and aren’t there for their kids doesn’t have a job, step up and be there for them cause they do need you and you know you need them.

This article is about my life as being a father.