dear dad | Teen Ink

dear dad

November 27, 2012
By Anonymous

Dear dad,


Why have you stopped calling me? It seems to me like you don’t even care about me anymore, seems like you only care about Aaron. You never tell me when you move. When I talked to Aaron he said that you guys recently moved to the other side of town no address or anything just that you had moved. This is my last year of high school and you may never see me again.
You don’t talk to me through Facebook. When I ask why you never call you say you “lost” my number. Or if I ask why you never visit you say you “lost” it as well. When I was there for Christmas all I got was a pillow and harry potter and the prisoner of Azkaban. I used to be proud of a father like you now not so much. You were a hero to me but as I grew older you started to become lazy. The last time I saw you was at the youth tournament when I was helping with score in the Fieldhouse of north.
For me it seems that you think that I am your mistake, but you would be wrong because I am actually doing something big with my life unlike Aaron, because I am joining the Marine Corps. I have done things with my life you could only dream of.
Did you ever think about what you have done to me coming in and out of my life? Have you ever regretted coming in and out of my life? To be honest you should feel bad thinking that time would stop on my life as you decide when to come back to be a part of it again. Because my life is still going according to how I choose. I’ll never again be this little boy asking his mother to take me to my dad’s.
You may still be a father but a father for me I doubt it, you only wanted to be a part of my life when you thought it convenient. Grampy was more of a father then you have ever been. Because unlike you he has my house phone programed into his phone and he calls us to see how we’ve been. One time he actually came to my apartment to see us and he hung out for a while.
If you could see me now I think that you would be proud to have a son like me but in reality I doubt you would care, because you never call me anymore. Mom says that you living on nimrod court is very fitting, and I actually agree with her.
If you actually cared about me you would call. But seeing as that you have not called I doubt that you even know I exist anymore. But if I still exist to you, you would either come to my house or call me. I think that you should stop hiding behind Suzie and stand up for yourself because if you don’t I will think that you don’t care for me.



You’re Son,
Alex

p.s. I still live in the same place and I still have the same phone number.


The author's comments:
this is a real face slap