First and Foremost, I am Human | Teen Ink

First and Foremost, I am Human

October 9, 2012
By AllisonNicole SILVER, South PLainfield, New Jersey
AllisonNicole SILVER, South PLainfield, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

First and foremost I am human. I am a girl, I am a teenager, and I am a student. I am a daughter to two and a sister to one. I am a best friend to several and simply a friend to lots more. I am known by many, but unknown by so many more. I am an actress, and a singer, but not quite a dancer. I am not an athlete, no not an athlete at all. I have tried to be an athlete, but that did not work out so well. I am a theatre kid through and through and nothing will change that. I have a rather odd taste in music. I am smart, or so my test scores say. I am organized, or so my planner tells me. I am not a morning person. Now that I think about it, I am not much of an afternoon person either. But, first and foremost I am human.
I am a dreamer. I live in my imagination. I am a romantic, and a hopeless one at that. I am a reader and a movie watcher. I love escaping reality and entering a whole new world. I even find that I am sometimes too invested in fictional situations. I am not ashamed of this. I am a believer in the supernatural. However, I am not afraid of the unknown. I am interested in things that I do not understand. I am not ashamed of this, either. I am confident and I am a confidant. I am ready to listen to anyone talk about anything, no matter what. I am trustworthy and I trust easily. But, first and foremost I am human.
I am stressed and I am afraid. I am preparing myself for the future, and let’s face it, that’s hard work. I am trying to get into college and I am trying to get a job. I know that I still have a lot to learn about life and about being an adult. But, I am also excited to see what life has in store for me. I am ready to face the world and I am not going to let the world intimidate me. I will not back down from a challenge. I am going to decide my own fate and I am going to create my own destiny. I will not let anyone get in my way. I am not afraid to make mistakes because I believe that nothing is too broken to be fixed. I am a believer in second chances. I am not afraid to be who I want to be. I am not one to follow the crowd. But, first and foremost I am human.