Friends Are The Only People You Can Betray | Teen Ink

Friends Are The Only People You Can Betray

September 17, 2012
By ahargrove96 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
ahargrove96 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Betrayal. Such a strong word that invokes many many feelings. I word I don’t even use that often and maybe that is a good thing. Yes friends are the only ones who can in fact betray you and this is a fact all of us must come to realize. Aren’t friends supposed to be the ones you can count on and rely on though? They are supposed to be the ones who are there for you, through good times and bad. Yet, friends are the only ones who know you well enough. They know your weaknesses, your faults, your hopes, your dreams, and your desires. Friends know exactly how to make you happy, but also sadly how to make you hurt. It’s these ones that you are supposed to rely on that hurt you the deepest. This is not only because they know a lot about you, but also because you have become close to them and care about them. I know betrayal. I know the pain and hurt that comes with it and most people do. The person that was to care about me most left me in the dust. They acted like I was nothing and betrayed me by going to others to complain. People when they have a problem should come up and try to talk to you about it. Telling others someone else’s problems make you look like a loser. So watch what you say and to whom because you don’t want to be the one friend that betrayed those closest to you.