Terrifying Friendship | Teen Ink

Terrifying Friendship

September 17, 2012
By MidnightNow1127 GOLD, Brentwood, California
MidnightNow1127 GOLD, Brentwood, California
12 articles 0 photos 46 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Christus nos liberavit!"


The scariest thing, looking at her, wasn’t the anger. No, the anger shone through very little. Instead, it was knowing that she was furious and having only a blank canvas staring at you. Having no idea what was going on inside her head, wanting so badly to know, but being somewhat thankful you don’t.

It was frightening looking at her, seeing her eyes narrowed in fury, her muscles clenched and her hands in fists, then suddenly, she relaxes. Her face smoothes into an expressionless façade, her hands and muscles release their tension, and she just saunters away. You get the ominous feeling that she could’ve killed you right then and there (an exaggerated feeling of course) and had forced herself to walk away. It was scary seeing how quickly her emotions changed, like they were just thrown around inside of her, and when she caught one, it immediately surfaced – be it anger, peace, happiness (though rarely), fury, violence, or melancholy.

She terrifies me. I try not to show it, but when she yells at me, though I put up a good, firm, unyielding front, inside, she makes me feel like a mouse. This girl is my best friend. I know her better than anyone. And she scares the crap out of me. There’s no other way to say it. When she’s happy, she’s a delight to be around. When she’s mad… Run. Just run away. If you’re too stupid to not run away, and you stand up to her, good luck. Remember what I mentioned above? Violence? Yeah. My advice: get out. Walk away, and she’ll calm down soon enough… maybe. After an episode, it’s often best to just leave her to her own devices for the rest of the day. She’s always better tomorrow.

I don’t know how to deal with her. She’s my best friend… but she’s also my greatest fear. I don’t know how to handle her. I need advice. Should I keep being her friend for the good times? Or do the bad times overrule? I’m so confused… Please, help me. Is she worth it?


The author's comments:
This is true. Every word. I really need some advice, and who better than fellow teens?