Guilt | Teen Ink

Guilt

By kristina.marie BRONZE, East Northport, New York
kristina.marie BRONZE, East Northport, New York

"stay strong"

It's New Years Day. I'm at my nonna's house and we have all just finished eating dinner. I go into Ohgi's computer room. I log onto facebook because the guilt was just eating me alive. Nick is on the other line.
"Kristina, you can't do this. you just can't" he says.
"Nick, i have got to do this. The guilt is just eating me alive! I can't take this any longer!" I answer. I look through my online friends. Caitlin is online.
"If you do it, please don't hang up. I want to hear you do this." Nick says.
"Alright." I answer.
I opened up a new chat window. I tell her online that we need to talk. I could tell by her hesitation to answer that she automatically knew something had happened. She answers with a "what happened." i told her via FaceBook message, "Caitlin, Nick and I were down town. And..I don't know how to say this,but...Nick and I had kissed." Caitlin didn't answer for a whole 5 minutes. Then, she started to write back. She was so angry with him and I. She wrote on his wall "YOU ARE IN SOME DEEP S***!" I got off the computer. Crying, i went upstairs to the living room. I was bawling into a pillow so no one downstairs could hear me. Then, my phone vibrated. Buzz, Buzz, Buzz. It was a text message from Nick. I opened up the text message. It read, "In order for Caitlin and I to stay together, she told me that I'm not allowed to talk to you anymore." I was crushed. I knew what I had done was a mistake. I just knew it. Not only did I lose two of my best friends in the entire world, but i had lost respect for myself. I could never see myself as a normal person ever again. I was disgusting, filthy, and grimy. I could never look at myself in the mirror and say to myself that I was a good person, because i knew I wasn't anymore. If only the guilt hadn't eaten me alive. What would the relationship between Nick and I ever be like? Would it still be the way it was? Or would he still not talk to me?

I hope that when people read this, they realize that they shouldn't kiss boys with girlfriends. It would just make you feel like complete garbage. I wrote this because I needed somewhere to talk about that kind of situation. This has been going on for months without end and i just needed a place to write.