Enjoy The Little Things | Teen Ink

Enjoy The Little Things

If i have learned anything in my short lived life, it is to enjoy the little things in life. I learned this lesson last year when i was in Des Moines, Iowa for state track. I accomplished many goals that day, but it was the other smaller events that made it even more memorable. People selfishly overlook things and do not take a step back and enjoy the little things in their lives.

It was the night before the last day of state track, and we were headed out to eat at Hickory Park. The whole team was together and everyone was laughing and having the time of their lives. We were telling all kinds of stories of earlier this year and when we were kids. Not only that, but the food was amazing which made it one hundred times better! I was so blessed to have my teammates and i realized how important they are in my life. After we ate, we went back to the hotel where we went swimming. We swam with some cute, British girls and it was a blast. Lets just say there was major flirting and some of the guys ended up getting some new numbers in their phone by the end of the night. We ended the night by going back to the room with the whole team in there. We told hilarious stories that are not appropriate but that i will remember until i die! We really bonded that night and became a closer team. That one, short night turned out to make a huge impact in the long run.

It was a hot, beautiful day out and Drake Stadium was crowded with excited parents and nervous runners. I was one of those runners just wanting to get my event over with. I ended up winning my first state event, the medley, and also ended up being 2A state champions! I should have took a breath and admired the beautiful atmosphere. I realized that these days do not come everyday in your life and that you need to be thankful for what God has given you. It was a huge accomplishment. I understood that. But from simply going out to eat, swimming in the pool, and telling stories in the hotel room; these little events is what made this day even more memorable and worth wild.

Life goes by fast and flashes before people’s eyes. You will wonder where did it all go? Or you will take the big things for granted. Next time you accomplish something, remember the small things that made that into a big thing. Be unselfish and enjoy the little things in your life.

My english teacher inspired me.

This is simply a brilliant piece of work... very well done. This should win something!