Leveling Up | Teen Ink

Leveling Up

On June 8th of 2010, I had taken my first step out of Junior High school and onto a next level, High School. I would always hear bad assumptions about high school. For example, many assumed you would get bullied in high school, just because we were freshmen. That’s what had always thought until my sister told me the real story of High School.

The story was the year as a freshman. The first day of school was the craziest day you will ever encounter at the start of high school. And when I mean start, I mean START. Many activities, about 20 at the same time, occur and that makes the confusion a whole lot worse. That’s all I heard from my sister so I don’t exactly know what happens after that.

This is the time of summer and all you need to worry about is relax, have fun, and enjoy the time of your life. Unfortunately, those times fly by instantly. High school is nearing to your destination. Now the time of your life, flip flops and you must prepare the next step in life as you prepare for High school. I get all my school supplies, necessary school supplies that are meant for high school. Not crayons or markers, but pencils and five star notebooks. I really like the notebooks because we didn’t have to color anymore during class like we did in junior high school. That was my least favorite part about junior high school because I hated art. I didn’t hate it but I dislike coloring because I could learn more if we take the time to learn and not color.

So on August 23rd of 2011, my first day of high school had started. Just as my sister had said about the first day of high school, she was pretty much right about everything. I headed towards my first period class which was Biology. My teacher had chosen me the front seat for some apparent reason. I don’t know for sure but that’s what had happened I guess.

My first day has apparently ended and now I must start a new beginning for my new school career. This year was going to be a lot of fun. I can feel the thrill inside me getting excited. I am ready to start a new life and a new grading plan. I am ready for high school and on to college. Although college is still 4 years above me, I am ready to take on any obstacle than awaits me, because I am now in high school. High school has a feeling that can make you do anything better for some reason without knowing you did better.

This piece of writing is about me and my school, Fremd High School. It shows you an experience of how it feels like to transfer from Junior High School to High School.