Paintball | Teen Ink

Paintball

By giraffes37 BRONZE, Ambler, Pennsylvania
giraffes37 BRONZE, Ambler, Pennsylvania

We were heading toward the woods. My heart was racing; it was my first time. The man blew the whistle and everyone started running. I didn’t really know what to do, so I started to follow my brother. He was hiding behind a wooden board. I ducked down and kneeled next to him.
“What are you doing?!” he said.
I replied, “I don’t know where to go!”
SPLAT! My brother got hit. He had to exit the woods. Now, I was all by myself. I poked my head out from the board. I saw a guy pointing his gun right at me, but he was at the other side of the woods. I panicked and tried to start shooting. My gun wouldn’t work! I ran to one of the refs and he pulled this little lever thingy and my gun started working, so I ran back over behind the wooden board and started shooting at the guy. He shot me instead. The next thing I know, I’m walking out of the woods, too.
My mom was sitting at the table where all our ammo was. I reloaded with these colorful bullets. In the process, my mom asked me, “Where’d you get hit?”
I pointed to my side and said, “There.” She looked confused. I asked her, “What?”
She said, “I don’t see any paint there.”
“Oh darn,” I thought to myself. I could still be in the game! Oh well. I’ll just have to wait until the next game.
It was time for the next game. This game had a bigger battlefield and was more intense. When the whistle was blown, I ran towards the other team. I couldn’t believe I was doing this. I was probably half way to the other team. I jumped over behind a barrel and rested for a minute. I peeked out from behind and I spotted someone on the opposite team, so I aimed then shot. Oh man! I didn’t get him! I kept shooting and shooting until he hid behind a fort type object. I was waiting for him to come out from behind the thing, but he wouldn’t! So I kept waiting and waiting.
All of the sudden, I hear a splat and my head starts to hurt really badly. I was shot! I put my gun in the air, signaling that I was leaving the battle area, when I hear another splat mixed with the sound of gun fires and shouting. Ow! Now my shoulder hurts! I hear it again, but now I feel the pain in my knee! I got shot three times in about five seconds. I limped out of the field, trying to walk hoping that I wouldn’t get shot again.
At the end of the day, I felt sore, and a bit of pride in myself. I enjoyed feeling the cool air on my face when I took off my helmet. It smelled like yummy food and I couldn’t wait to get some because when I finished paintballing, I was starving! I really liked paintballing and hopefully I’ll do it again, soon!

This is about the time I went paintballing.