Singing | Teen Ink

Singing

By lbora93 BRONZE, El Cajon, California
lbora93 BRONZE, El Cajon, California

And there I live, deep within the corners of my own musical world. I sing a note and my head clears of all thoughts. I sing through the anger, the sadness, the pain, the laughter. I sing when I need guidance. My prayer is song. The notes flow from my mouth, the words roll off my tongue. They taste different, depending on my mood. My anger intensifies, the words taste bitter. I am in love. The words melt like cotton candy. How lonely my life would be without my constant companion of song. The natural Earth can only provide me existence. My world of singing is the world where I truly live. I sing and everything comes alive. The perfect verse colors my surroundings.

Songs can verbalize my personal take on life when I have no words of my own. Singing is my own personal friend who sympathizes with me in the middle of a dark day. I close my eyes and let my last note linger is the silence of the air around me. These notes are more beautiful to me than the ringing of bells, more precious than all the money in the world. I am weak. Singing gives me strength. When I am at a loss, singing finds me again. It is a blessing, and one of the few that does not burden me in return.

Singing can make me cry, it can make me laugh. Be it screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs in a car with all my friends, or silently humming a tune to myself, singing gives me a joy that nothing else can give me. Singing is what I want to do for the rest of my life.

I take for granted that I have so graciously been allowed to reside in this world of song. I am forever thankful for the voice I have that resonates more powerfully than anything I will ever say.