My Boring LIfe | Teen Ink

My Boring LIfe

“Ahhh!” I screamed out loud when my alarm clock went off. I hate waking up at 6:45 every morning. It’s so annoying! I enjoy staying in bed all covered up in my blanket and lying down in a fetal position. It’s really comfortable. But when my alarm clock sounds off it kills my mood.

My life is so boring. I do almost the exact same thing every morning. I wake up at 6:45, go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, put on my clothes, make breakfast, watch TV, and leave to go to school. Then I go to the train station, hop onto the B or Q train, go to avenue J, transfer to the Coney Island bound train, go to Avenue M, and walk to school. But I can’t complain too much about my morning routine because a lot of other students go through the same thing.

Being in school is also boring. During my optas I sit down in the cafeteria and hang out with my friends, Matt, John, and Joseph. All we do is talk and make fun of people. At first it was fun but after a while it started to get lame. Nothing exciting ever happens to me in school. I don’t want school to be boring for me. I thought I would have a lot of fun in high school like the kids in television shows. The television shows about high school have a lot of drama in it and they make high school seem interesting. But to me Edward R. Murrow is no fun at all.

My life isn’t totally boring though. After school, when I get together with my friends, we have a little bit of fun. On some days we got to Sunnyside Beach Avenue and eat pizza at Loyals. Or, when the weather is good, we go play basketball. On other days I hang out with my older friends and have some fun with them.

I wish it was summer again. I hate going to school 5 days a week for about 6 hours each day. When its summer I can wake up whenever I want, go to sleep whenever I want, and hang out with my friends whenever I want. I won’t have to worry about coming home late because I’ll be too busy having fun. I want summer to be here already!