My First Day of High School | Teen Ink

My First Day of High School

By bkraft46 SILVER, Bayport, New York
bkraft46 SILVER, Bayport, New York

September 7, 2010 was the first day of Bayport Blue point high school career and I knew it was going to be a lot different. For example all of the people were going to be new to me and I wasn’t going to know anybody except for the people in my grade and all the teachers were going to be different and might be a lot more strict than the middle school teachers. But the element of high school I knew was going to be the most different was the learning experience, everything I was going to do in school was going to get a lot harder and like I said, going to be a lot different. Even though I have been to the high school a couple of times, it was still all-new to me. I started thinking about it when I first woke up and kept thinking about it throughout the whole morning. Before I went to school I picked up my friend because he lives right down the block. My mom drove us and dropped us of in front of the huge high school towering over us like a skyscraper. This was the highest point of nervousness I had, then I took a step through the doors into the main lobby and thought to my self with full of seriousness, “this is going to be a great year.”