Turning a Blind eye

A passing glance as I walked pass them on the street. Not thinking twice I kept walking. Turning the cornor I notice no one on this street. Different, for the city is usually packed but I try to ignor it and keep going. Half way down an ally opens. The door swings open and I see a lady getting hassled by a large man. Seeing the man has a knife, I ignor it and walk on. Turning the corner again I hear sirens and see cop cars. The news, rushing. A man holding people up in the bank. Thinking back to the lady, I walk away and leave it be. Walking down to the office, I see the T.V. on. The news comes up and there is a story about the bank robbery, no one died, but big business being robbed is a big story so it is ofcoarse the headline. Then I see running across the bottom of the screen really fast, homeless lady stabbed in a back ally. Was her life worth less, because she had a worse hand delt to her. She had been killed, and no one cared. How had this happened? Has the world been reduced to seeing the glory in consumerisum over that of a life? Our lives and lively hoods even if we are alive, we find them to be more important then someone who has lost a life!? Have we been reduced to this!?