Tragic Weekend | Teen Ink

Tragic Weekend

By Kelly Fistler BRONZE, Hatborow, Pennsylvania
Kelly Fistler BRONZE, Hatborow, Pennsylvania

This year I found out that my mom was in the hospital. It was a very cold spring when the wind brushed against my face on that Friday. It was lunch time and everything seemed to be going ok. During lunch time I found out that I was going home on my friends bus to her house. When we got to my friends house, my friend said “lets go play the Wii”. So we went down stairs to play the Wii for a while. We soon came upstairs to get something to drink. When we got something to drink, the phone started to ring. My friends mom answered the phone and found out it was my dad and she gave the phone to me. That’s when I found out that my mom was in the hospital. I started to cry because I was very worried about my mom. I got to sleep over on Friday and Saturday at my friends house. My dad brought over my sleeping bag and everything else I would need.

The next day, it was Saturday morning. Me, my friend, and my friends brother all had cereal for breakfast. I took my medican and we decided to play the Wii. We soon just started to play board games. After a while it was lunch time. I couldn’t wait to have lunch because I was starving. I soon decided to give my dad a call to see if I could go and visit my mom. He answered the phone and I asked. My dad said that I couldn’t because I was under 18 and they didn’t know what was wronge with my mom so they didnt think It was safe. I felt really sad to hear that my mom was still in the hospital. It was soon dinner time and me and my friends family all went out to dinner. It got chicken tenders and so did my friend. The taste of the juicy chick was so good. Also with the fries were perfection. I soon started to feel bad because I missed my mom. I soon called my dad to see if he new what was wrong with my mom. They still didn’t know what was wrong with here. My heart sank when I heard that news. I told my dad I love him and said good bye. I went to bed that night still worried about what was wrong with my mom.

It was now Sunday and my mom was still in the hospital. We had breakfast and then played a game. It was my first time playing monopoly. I had a really good time playing. I didn’t win, but I still had a great time. We had some lunch, and played another game of monopoly. My dad soon came to take me home. We had Wendeys for dinner. When we arrived home, my dad said that he really missed me and was gald that I was home.

It was Monday which ment back to school time. I was still very sad about my mom, but tried my best to stay focused in school. When I was walking home from school, I wondered what was wrong with my mom. When I got home I asked my dad if mom was home. He replied yes. He said that she was upstairs laying down in there room. I bolted upstairs as fast as I could. I ran into that room to see my mom happy to see me. I gave her a hug and I could feel the tears running down my face. I asked her if the doctors found out what was wrong. She said that they didn’t know what was wrong with her. She is still ok to this day forth. She just really can’t have a lot of dairy. I am just so happy that she is ok.