Blessings hidden by Pain | Teen Ink

Blessings hidden by Pain

August 11, 2010
By love-hurts__i-know SILVER, Decatur, Illinois
love-hurts__i-know SILVER, Decatur, Illinois
8 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"i don't walk through my life, i strut through it!"


You know that feeling you get when you know something really bad is going on. Well seeing my dad walk across the school playground that day gave me the worst feeling anyone could ever get. I was in 4th grade and was have a great day and my teacher had taken us out to the playground for the rest of the day. Then my dad came out the of the building and i just started crying. I knew that my Aunt had die even without anyone telling me. It was the worst day of my life. But i got through it.
Then about a month later it happened to me again. This time it was my grandpa. I didn't know what to do, i had lost two very important people to me to God. I was devastated. No one should ever have to go through that, but i did. I'll never forget about that year, but like i said i got through it.
Now that i think about it everything after that that a normal person would get really upset about i didn't. The little things didn't make me cry like they would have. All the pain and loss had made me stronger. It made me realize that you don't know what you have until you lose it. I didn't realize how much i could love someone until i lost two of the most important people to me.