Camp's Provided Escape

Tomorrow I go to camp, and honestly its my sweet escape.

When I go to camp I don't have to hear my mom screeching at me to clean up my room, or to unpack the dishwasher. I don't have to answer the phone 800 times a day, only to find that 750 of them are from my one friend. I don't have to worry about what I say in front of my parents, hiding a secret life. I can just be free. I wish I could live here, in this fantasy forever. But unfortunately, my paradise only lasts 5 days, not even a full week.
When I get there I'll bring things to decorate the cabin and make it resemble me. I'll fight with the other girls so I can get the bunk bed I want. Because this is going to be the best week of my whole summer, and nothing is going to ruin it.

So tonight I'll lay awake, anxious to get away from this damned dungeon, and tomorrow I'll escape.

. said...
This is too funny! XD I hope you enjoy your 5 days of heaven. Good poem.

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 3, 2010 at 9:27 am
I'm glad you found it funny, I wrote it to be that way, and I wasn't sure if it came out like that.

. replied...
Well, it did...and it was super-b!!

starlight26 said...
Aug. 29, 2010 at 10:13 am
Wow. I really like it. :)

thanks so much for your comment :D