Save Me

Today I feel like I’m one mistake from loosing everything.
It keeps me awake every night. I don’t want to end up where
I was before. Only in your arms can I find peace, rest. But
your arms are so far away from me. ...time and time again I fall.
The war stars when the day begins. You need to get me though this
night. Hold on to me because today I feel like I’m one mistake form
losing everything.

I need you to show me the way to you. Let me follow in your foot steps.
I want to feel the warmth of your heart…see the world through your eyes.
I’m calling out your name for all to hear. Let the whole world hear the praise.
Save me from the darkness, shine the light of his love. I want to live the life that
leads. More of you and less of me. Stop me from putting the needle in my arm, having the fire under my skin, stop me from pulling that trigger, stop me from doing all the wrong. Show me the way to you because I need you, save me. Let your love and truth provide a shelter for me. Because today I feel like I’m one mistake form
losing everything.

I will not be afraid. Hold out your hand so I can grab onto you. Because
I will never win without you. All these voices are calling out to me,
But one stands out from all of the rest, it yours. Voices are telling me that
I will never win, give up give up, because they have been reduced, they have failed,
they don’t have the strength to stand. Your voice says that I can do it, that I will make it,
that he will always will be there watching over me. I will listen and believe in him. Because today I feel like I’m one mistake form losing everything.

My soul is free from the chains of yesterday, and are immersed in his love. Jesus save me from the all the wrong I’ve done. Accept me for who I am. Jesus take me under your wing, save me from myself, the storm that is inside of me. Jesus save me. .. stop me from putting the needle in my arm, having the fire under my skin, stop me from pulling that trigger, stop me from doing all the wrong. Show me the way to you. My last breath would be for you… my last prayer would be for you…because I know you hear me. I know you’re here with me. If I had one last chance I would take back all the wrong I have done… I let everyone know how much I love them.

I know you are there. Protect me with your love your truth. I know you can hear me so listen carefully to the words I speak to the midnight sky. I will follow you but I will not go alone. Because I’m weak but you make me strong. Because without you and the others in my life I’m nothing. Shine your life on me. Because I can’t live on my own. Jesus take care of me. Because today I feel like I’m one mistake from losing everything.
Save me so I can live for another day.

CarolynQ said...
This makes me feel as though I'm feeling the anxiety.... This is amazing, it actually touches me, I understand it.  another good job! :]

bkcrider92 said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 10:28 am
Wow this is very powerful! I felt your emotion with every line! I love it =D and thanks for commenting on mine if you want you can look at my newest poem Silly Little Puppet and comment and rate it <3