I hated school | Teen Ink

I hated school

May 12, 2010
By Anonymous

I hated school. Waking up at 6:00 in the morning every single day, was not the best way to start my day. Every single morning up until my senior year, I had to take the bus. I hated taking the bus with a bunch of kids in my neighborhood. Who would always yell and take up all the room on the bus and be obnoxious. God, I hate underclassman. Although, I remember back in the day when I was them. I tried to like school, I really did. I only liked the socializing part. I think everyone does. If there were no learning to take place at school and everyone just hung out with their friends, everyone wouldn’t mind going to school. I would especially like it if we started later in the morning. Even the elementary school’s start later than us. Teenagers need more sleep than 1st graders. They’re awake at 6:00 in the morning anyway, aren’t they? If we had more sleep, maybe us high schoolers wouldn’t be so cranky in the morning and enjoy school more? Just a thought. I hated a good majority of the people at my school. I hated walking through the hallways and seeing people that I hated. I have a low tolerance for immature ***holes. Most of them being the kids in my grade. I have to say, up until the current juniors came along, we were the most immature and down right awful class. In fact, I was really embarrassed to be apart of the class of 2010. I always felt like I was a year ahead of myself. I hate underclassmen. They think they’re so cool being loud and obnoxious and causing mischief. And I’ve noticed that they get smaller and smaller each year. The freshman this year look like they’re in 7th grade. And they sure act like it too. I hated the crowded hallways and stairwells. So many people at once, trying to get from class to class, and upstairs to downstairs. I had always feared of being pushed over the edge by some sort of “accident” from students goofing around or something. I would always take my time going up and down the stairs so that I wouldn’t trip or be tripped and embarrass myself. Thankfully, it never happened. At least maybe a few times…but not as much as I thought I would. I hated a lot of teachers. Depending on the different courses that I took all through out my four years. I loved the teachers that didn’t give a **** most of the time and let you do whatever you wanted. I hated the teachers who were strict and mean. The ones that gave you too much homework, or wouldn’t let you go to the bathroom when you had to go. And of course, the perverted teachers were the worst. I felt so uncomfortable in a lot of those classes. I hated having to take two math classes my junior year. I hate math in general, so having to take it twice a day, was not a picnic in the park. I hated my sophomore year the most, and I loved my senior year the most. I hated all of the drama that happened sophomore year. All of my friends had changed and I was going through so much **** that I couldn’t handle it anymore. I was actually felt really depressed that year. But I made it through, and junior year was amazing. Senior year hasn’t ended yet, and as much as I want to graduate, I really don’t like the feeling of leaving. I’ve met so many amazing people and have had such great experiences during my high school years. And it freaks me out that in just a few months, I’ll be on my own.

The author's comments:
This is a very negative short story about my experience during high school. It ends with a positive feel though because I realize that I've actually enjoyed my time in high school despite the small things that bothered me.