dreamer

I had been practicing for months. Today was the day that everything would pay off. I was playing my flute for the judge to see if I would qualify for state; but this is not the real story. This is about the guy that was coming to support me.

We met through a mutual friend, and he was perfect, like every prince charming. I was pretty sure nothing would happen; I was certain my feelings were one-sided. I had a bit of hope though because he was coming to support me. When he strolled in, my nerves flew off the wall. I wanted to impress him so badly.

After I played, everyone was saying how good I did, but he gave me a congratulatory hug. It was as if everyone else had disappeared. I ended up not qualifying for state, but the reward I received was so much better.

That afternoon, a few of our friends got together, and he and I got to hang out. I was sitting on the couch watching my friends play video games. Unexpectedly, he came up to me.
“Hey,” he said with his melodious voice.
“Hi,” I managed to squeak, looking at the floor, even his shoes were perfect.
“Do you mind if I sit here?” he asked. His smile was so bright it was like sunbeams flying towards me.
“No, go ahead,” I tried to hide my excitement. He casually sat down and was making conversation with me.

The day went on like this, until I was freezing and exhausted. He got up, picked up the checkered blanket, placed it on me, asked if I was comfy, and sat back down, making sure to grab my hand. “This can’t be happening” I kept telling myself; but it was. His hand and mine intertwined; a perfect match.

Later that afternoon, he lifted my feet unto his lap and gave me a foot massage.
“You don’t have to do that,” I whispered, just barely asleep.
“I want to,” he said back, looking me in the eyes the entire time. Then, his eyes blue as the sky locked with mine, our hands intertwined like a vine, he said those magic words…
“I really like you, and I want to learn more about you, this isn’t how I wanted to say this, but will you go out with me?” He turned his head shyly waiting for my answer.
“I would love to learn more about you also,” I stated trying to not answer so quickly it wasn’t audible. “Yes.”
Then he got up, picked me up off of the couch and yelled to all our friends, still playing video games, “She said yes!” Our friends clapped and hooted, I was mortified yet so happy. It was definitely not what I expected.
Who would have thought that dreams do come true? I guess the saying is true, expect the unexpected.

spazziod said...
May 11, 2010 at 9:17 am
i loved to story..dreams do come true too...and sometimes when you don't expect them to

flipsters said...
May 11, 2010 at 8:54 am
PLEASE COMMENT

flipsters said...
What do you think?