Beautiful Eyes | Teen Ink

Beautiful Eyes

By Bambi3226 SILVER, Grants, New Mexico
Bambi3226 SILVER, Grants, New Mexico

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong

The skates feel like nothing under my feet. My body sways in time with the music. I see you standing there, no skates. I glide up to you, smiling sheepishly. "Hey K****! I love this song!" A laugh springs to my lips and begans to flow like water. I grab your shoulders to steady myself as I reach you. Thats when you look up at me with those tear-filled eyes. "J*** broke up with me." you whisper. I don't know what to say, but I just take you into my arms as one silent sob escapes you. What do I do? You take a half step back and look up at me. God, I never noticed what beautiful eyes you had. Our eyes lock for a milli-second. I lightly kiss your forehead and whisper into your ear "I'm sorry. But I'm here for you, if you need to talk." You look up at me again, a full head taller than you with these skates on. "I love you, Bambi, Thanks." I pull you into my arms once again, mumbling something incoherent. Even now, I can't help but think about your beautiful, tearful eyes.

Man, some birthday, huh?

xxhollyxx BRONZE, Perth, Other
This is so sweet :)

Bambi3226 SILVER, Grants, New Mexico

This one is by me...just saying.