TENNIS | Teen Ink

TENNIS

By m1k1s2m1k1 BRONZE, Minburi, Other
m1k1s2m1k1 BRONZE, Minburi, Other

“Someone with a weak character never wins,” my high school tennis teacher always used to say. I remember him very well. I remember him now because I became better in my character.
“Tennis is cool”… this is the reason why I began to play tennis when I was in high school. However, everyday, I was only running, preparing and putting things in order when I started to play tennis. As a first grade student, we can only run. We could only use the racket in limited times and there were a lot of team mates in the queue. Then, when senior members of the third grade left the club, we were able to have the chance to strike the ball a lot. I was glad!
But I and the rest of my team became a little loose in character. We did some mischief like taking to school our cell phones and some snacks which were prohibited. Our teacher was very upset! And he shouted, “Run!!” and he ordered us to run a total of 300 kilometers as our punishment for doing misbehavior. While running, I thought, we were crazy!
Now I remember the experience very well. I learned a big lesson from it. My teacher wanted us to be strengthened in character. He wanted us to really develop sense of discipline and responsibility as a person and grow as a mature human being.
He always took care of us with his love. I’ll never forget him in my life. I wish to thank him with all my heart.
Mr. Miura was my teacher and to him I say “thank you, teacher.”