For Robby | Teen Ink

For Robby

November 2, 2009
By maragrace SILVER, Spring Lake, Michigan
maragrace SILVER, Spring Lake, Michigan
5 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be what you are. Give what is yours to give. Have style. Dare.
Stanley Kunitz


Yes. I say that I knew him.
Because you didn't "know" Robby Jerovsek like you knew other people. He wasn't my best friend, my confidant, or even my neighbor. But he was a Laker. And beyond even that he was "that kid". The kid everyone liked. The kind of kid that opened doors , and smiled, and waved, and devoted his full attention to the "now" instead of the tommorow. He goofed off, he didn't get embarassed. From first glance he was just another teenager. But with a closer look you could see that he was beyond "just Another". He was a friend, a neighbor, a brother, he was a Spring Lake Laker. A true gem. Some say that Robby died when the boat crashed. I say he still lives. In every classroom, on every golf course, on every t-shirt and every bracelet, in the very water of Spring Lake, and above all, in the hearts of all those who ever got the priveledge of taking a closer look.
Robby
1/4/1994-9/5/2009
LIVE ON


The author's comments:
This piece is especially close to my heart. I devote it entirely to Robby, and all those who knew and loved him. To Robby, may you live forever in our hearts.