Why Frail Angels Cry | Teen Ink

Why Frail Angels Cry

One night I had a dream. It left a tale to tell, I dreamed I saw an angel, poor thing was not so well. His body was bruised and battered. His wings were ripped and torn. I saw that he could barely walk. He was so tired and worn. I walked right up and asked him, "Angel how could this be?"
He turned to me and paused a bit. Then these words he spoke to me.'"I am your guardian angel, a mighty task as you can see. You've run a muck all your life, and this is what it has done to me. These bruises are from shielding you in times of dire ill. These drugs you've used so dangerously I have often paid the bill. My wings you say are ripped torn, a noble badge to bear.
So many times they have shielded you from dangers unaware.
Every mark carries a story of wickedness destroyed. You've made me wish more then once, that I was unemployed. If you can't make it on your own, please don't fret or worry, for I will always be there. Keeping watch over you until my powers fail, keep in mind my child I'm old and frail."' I could hardly believe what I had seen let alone how much he cared. I wept upon his shoulder and left him in despair.
In the morning when I looked into my spoon, I pondered why I should even try. Then in that very instant I thought I heard a frail old angel cry.

I hope that who ever reads this poem gets that what ever we do to our bodies may not show on the outside but it always shows on the inside no matter what we do and I also hope who ever reads this enjoys it as well!

on Sep. 8 2009 at 3:38 pm
wordweaver96 PLATINUM, Winchester, Kentucky

" It is not our abilities but our choices that show who we truly are. "
Albus Dumbledore

See, we really DON'T have anything to fear but fear itself!

this is amazing so keep writing!

Nicovera said...
on Feb. 11 2009 at 3:31 am
Stories don't often make me weep

Make me wish for releasing sleep

These things we do, our lives destroyed

Making life of life devoid...

Truly stunning! Please keep writing!