What Do I Do? | Teen Ink

What Do I Do? MAG

By Anonymous

     I believe everything you tell me and trust you with my thoughts. You know what I’ve done, and what I’m planning to do. I believe you when you tell me you didn’t talk to her. Stop lying to me and yourself. Stop putting on an act. Why must you continue to torture me? I’m tired of hearing all these lies. She lets me know what you’re doing. You say that you don’t talk to her but I hear differently. It makes me have second thoughts. I don’t know what to do.

You tell me that I should trust you, and I do. Should I continue to, or should I put my shield back up? I decided you were worth letting it down for, but, boy, was I wrong. What can I do? I can’t prove her wrong, or prove you right. I need to trust my gut. I know you don’t mean to hurt me, but you know that you can. Are you going to continue keeping secrets?

How do I know I can trust you? I need to let this out. I hurt when she tells me all these things. I want to know what is really going on. I wish I could see you. Maybe that would make a difference. We started out so great. What happened to us? We were so happy. I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t know what I should tell you. What do you want me to say? What do you want me to tell you? What can I do to make this stop? I want you to be happy. I want what’s best for you, but I also want what’s best for me. You mean a lot to me, but I’m not willing to give up my life. I want to live my life to the fullest. Can you help me do that? Can you be in my life without messing it up?

Can you do me a favor? Stop lying.

When you talk to them, tell me. Stop telling me you don’t. You know I catch you, don’t you? I have my ways. I know what I am doing. I know how to handle myself. My friends tell me things. Be careful what you do and say. I don’t know what to tell you anymore.

You need to tell me the truth. I don’t want to be lied to. This may not sound right, but if you continue to do this, I will do it too. I’m sorry to say this, but that’s just the way it needs to be.