Mother, Jeanette Hill | Teen Ink

Mother, Jeanette Hill MAG

By Anonymous

   Mom, I just want you to know that you are the most important person in my life besidesAdam. No matter what the situation, you are always there for me and willing tohelp.

Every day while his father and I are in school, you watch our son. Itry to tell you how much I care but I give up every time because I can't find theright words.

At night before we go to sleep you say good-night and thatyou love us, and I realize I don't always say it back. Then I think, What if oneday one of us weren't to come home? How would I feel if I never got to say I loveyou? I would never forgive myself.

You do so much for everyone, and tryyour hardest to make sure we have everything we need. Not one time has anyonethanked you, though every little thing you do helps in a big way.

Everymorning you make us breakfast and get us off to school. After that you have torun everywhere. You always make sure I get to work on time and that the boys getto Scouts.

If you were standing beside me right now I would tell you thatI love you and how much I really do care.

I want to thank you for makingme who I am. You are the one who got me where I am in life. I know I have mademistakes, but I am learning from them.

Since I was young you have told methat if I ever had questions to come to you, and I did - every time but once.That one time I didn't come to you for advice, something happened, and I hadAdam.

I know I should have waited, or I should have come to you, but Ididn't. If I had, maybe I wouldn't be in the situation that I am, but thingscould be worse. I am sorry for making a bad decision, but I can't go back andchange it.

You mean the world to me.

I know I don't show that Iappreciate you but I do. I just want you to know that. I want to thank you formaking me who I am. Thank you for all that you have done.