Snow Foils Schedule | Teen Ink

Snow Foils Schedule

By 5Rafferty GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
5Rafferty GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin

On December 20, 2012, Arrowhead High School had a snow day. School and all after school activities were called off. Many students used this day to catch up on sleep, catch up on late homework and hang out with friends.

Waking up, the first thing I did was look on Twitter because, of course, everyone would be posting if we had a snow day or not. And that’s all people were talking about. The first tweet I saw said “no school, happy snow day.”

When I looked out my window, I didn’t see a mass amount of snow- something you think you would see waking up to a snow day. So at first I didn’t think that we needed a snow day. I thought that the snow day was kind of pointless. And at the end of the day I still didn’t think it was worth it.

Yes, most students would love a snow day because it’s one less day of school. But I had two tests that day that I was ready for. But because of the snow day, they got pushed back. And also because of the bomb threat and the mass amount of students not being at school on Friday, the other test I was ready for was pushed back until after break.

This frustrated me, considering that after a break it would be harder for me to do better on the test considering I wasn’t thinking about it during the break. But some people would say it is better because we got 11 more days to study. But honestly, we all know that no one was thinking about school until the day before it started.

Overall, I think the snow day was pointless and a waste of time. Yes, it was nice to have a day to spend with friends and just relax, but at the same time it didn’t really help anything. And Friday morning, the roads were way worse then they were on the snow day.