Anti-Bullying | Teen Ink

Anti-Bullying

In middle school, she was new and I thought I would be her first friend. We quickly became close friends. I told her everything and she told me everything. She was almost like a sister. But overnight, everything changed. She turned into a person I never thought she could be. She told everyone the personal things I told her. She had everyone against me. She was starting rumors, making up lies, and making me feel like I was all alone. I told her I didn’t want to be friends anymore because of all the drama she caused between me and my grade. I thought saying this would end the drama.

But two short years later, I saw her at my school. The first time I saw her, bad memories flashed through my mind and I freaked out. The first day, I had three classes with her. I needed those classes to graduate, so there was no way for me to transfer out of them. I had to deal with it and toughen up.

I got home from school that first day to two texts from a number not  saved in my phone. The girl texted one of her friends from another school and had her text me. The texts I received made me feel terrible and I cried myself to sleep for a week straight. I wasn’t going to let her get away with this.

I told my mom about the situation and she helped me fix it. She told the girl’s mom and our parents agreed that she had to apologize for everything that she did. The staff at my school helped too. They helped when she denied ever being involved with it. They set up no bullying programs where you can leave an anonymous note in the office if you saw anyone being bullied. I even went in and talk to one of my teachers and she helped me work me through it.

Three years later, I still see her walking around the hallways. We don’t make eye contact, we don’t walk near each other, we don’t even think of each other.