Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

By CharlieV50 SILVER, Waukesha, Wisconsin
CharlieV50 SILVER, Waukesha, Wisconsin

My New Year's resolution is to make at least one person's day a little bit better every day. This is what I read on white board in my high school’s hallway. White boards were placed in every hallway for people to write positive messages. When I read the message above, I instantly thought about what I am going to do today, to make one person's’ day a little bit better. I have grown tremendously since my freshman year. I was the bully freshman year, putting people down to make me feel better for a short time. Sophomore and junior year I met people who had amazing positive outlooks on life. My sophomore year I transferred here and got involved in a non-denominational program where I met some amazing students. This program would be constantly trying to include new kids and thinking of ways to end bullying. Holding camps for kids, to get away for a weekend, to some it was the best weekends of their lives.

Bullying was the opposite of these students’ lives. Everyday now when I walk into school, I get excited to read the messages written on the white boards. Today I read, Life is not about your beliefs, it is about your behavior. Seeing these positive messages on these boards really opened my eyes to the students around me.  Now I question, What is the point of bullying? Putting someone else down— What is that going to do for you? We learn to follow the Arrowhead Way— Be Appropriate, Be Respectful, and Be Responsible. My school is on the move to end bullying.