Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

By N.J.S BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
N.J.S BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

I read about Bullying on the feedback page and I didn’t think bullying was that bad until now. Bullying is the strength to intimidate someone, typically to force him or her to do what one wants. Bullying happens in school a lot, it has been out of control and affecting so many young people day after day. Bullying has been going on for years and I thought Bullying was normal; just kids growing up, but kids from kindergarten through highschool are either getting bullied or becoming one. Bullying can cause suicide. A lot of times, kids around the world have commited suicide because they have been bullied during their life and makes them feel careless for themselves. Bullies continue their behavior for various reasons; they do not find the interventions to be effective in changing their behavior, possibly due to the fact that they are bullied at home or have a difficult family life. They like getting their way and being powerful. The harsh punishments are worth it to continue, and they believe that they are teasing or that the other students desire being bullied. Cyberbullying is also big part of it too,  Cyberbullying can take place on social media sites such as Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter. Cyberbullying is when a child, preteen or teen is tormented, threatened, harassed, humiliated, embarrassed or otherwise targeted by another child. Young people are using the Internet more than ever and most have Internet access from home. For many children, the Internet isn't simply a convenient way to research or a fun afterschool activity it's a big part of their social life. Emailing and chatting with friends are children's most common online activities, after studying Cyberbullying is similar to other types of bullying, except it takes place online and through text messages sent to cell phones. Cyberbullies can be classmates, online acquaintances, and even anonymous users, but most often they do know their victims. playing games But like many other social situations, some kids bully other kids online.

I want people to understand why Bullying is a serious thing and why it's impacting the children at school.