Bullying Is When... | Teen Ink

Bullying Is When...

By xRadicullKonx BRONZE, New York City, New York
xRadicullKonx BRONZE, New York City, New York

All monsters are human.

Bullying, is when a boy can’t speak English, and when his peers yell insults at him as he won’t understand them either way. Bullying is when a boy walks to school, jokes with his friends, bus secretly his soul cries when a gay joke is made. Bullying is when a woman cleans others houses for a profession, trying to pay last month’s rent, and raise a teen-aged boy, when other women go to hair salons and gossip about her, that stupid girl and her bastard son. Bullying is when a boy dyes his hair black, because he’s sick and tired of hearing “no-soul-ginger-devil” jokes. Bullying is when a boy starves himself, because a girl he likes says “I think you’re fat.” Bullying is when a boy refuses to say a word to anyone, because his voice is higher than those of other boys and they constantly remind him, tease him about it. Bullying is when a boy is waiting for a train, he thinks of jumping, and how easy it would be. He thinks of how others push him to do it, and he thinks to himself, “Just jump, stupid… Think of how easy it would be… How everyone would be happier… how there would be peace and quiet… and you would finally have peace and quiet. So why not? Are you scared? Are you…? Am I?” And he backs away from the tracks, and reminds himself how others treat him, how they push him, how he was brave enough to still face them, that he is strong. Brave. How much pain he endured in his life. How much crap he faced. That boy is strong… brave… that boy… is a survivor.

Since it's "Bulling Awareness Week" in our school, I decided to type up this little abstract. The content is mainly from experience.