Why Would I Let Her Bother Me? | Teen Ink

Why Would I Let Her Bother Me?

Why would I let her bother me? Oh, that's right, because she called me all of those names. She turned practically everyone against me at one point or another. She broke me everyday, day and night. That's why I let her bother me; because I couldn't help it.
I had to write a journal today in my success class about a time when we made a huge change in our lifetime. Well, I wrote about when I was bullied. It made me actually think about how long I wasted on thinking such horrible things about myself because of two groups of people. In 7th grade, the first group started with my weight and in 8th grade, when the second group joined in, they got more people, made one, large group and found what seemed to be a billion more reasons to bully me.
After the first group started in 7th grade, I saw that no skinny girls were made fun of. So guess what I did...I stopped eating. It got worse in 8th grade when my ex-best friend and her "crew" piled on top of that with a million other things. Now, I was 5' 2" and 102 pounds. I know I wasn't the skinniest person in the world, but I definitely wasn't healthy. I started playing volleyball, which I fell in love with, to take my mind off of things. That worked. Looking back, I don't see how I made it through nearly 14 hour days of school and working out, eating as little as I did.
I look back now as I remember the thoughts I had on a daily basis. Not normal ones for a middle school-er, at least not in my opinion. My huge change came after 8th grade when I moved. I realized that I was no longer going to be bullied and if I was, I wasn't going to let it bother me. I also gained the thought that I didn't need anyone but myself, but that has thankfully changed. Now, I accept myself, I try to love myself, and I hope that anyone dealing with anything like what I went through or any other situation can make it through.
It does get better, I promise. I love you and you're not alone.