Not Loved Only Hated | Teen Ink

Not Loved Only Hated

By angelwings14 GOLD, Toledo, Ohio
angelwings14 GOLD, Toledo, Ohio

'Nothing to fear but fear itself'
'stand up for what is right even if you're standing alone'

I walked into my new school expecting a brand new start.My last school only liked me because of my illness. As I walked through the doors I saw cliques everywhere. "I wonder which one I belong in" I thought to myself. I went to my locker and got ready for class. When lunch came around I didn't know where to sit. I got my lunch then sat down at a table near the window. "Um excuse me" a voice said, I looked up. "Yes" I asked. "You're sitting at our table" she answered pointing towards herself and her friends. "Well can't we just share the table? I'm new here and I don't know anybody" I said hopeful. The girl and her friends started to laugh. "Look here newbie" she said making me stand up. "I'm the queen bee of this school. I don't sit with nobodies like you. Your table is over there." She pointed at an empty table with about 3 people sitting at it. "Now get your stuff and leave" she growled. I picked up my tray and started to leave. "Hey newbie" she said, I turned around and she knocked my tray out my hands. "Welcome to my school" she sneered then sat down. Tears in my eyes I walked over to the table she pointed at and walked over. "H-Hey you guys" I said nervous once I walked over. They looked at me then left. "Look everybody! The losers left the newbie! She doesn't even belong with them" a jock yelled. The whole school started to laugh and point at me. I ran out the cafeteria and into the bathroom. There is where I cried my eyes out.

The rest of the school year was no better. I never found a friend. I always ate in the bathroom, the only place I had peace. I was slammed into lockers and tripped in the hallways. I was always the center of every one's joke. My Facebook page was full of hate. I never told my mom what was going on. Instead I snuck into my mom's room and got her pain killers. I got a class of water then went back to my room. I put a palm full of pills into my hand. "I'm sorry mommy" I whispered. I put the pills in my mouth and swallowed them down with water. By the time my mom got home it was too late, I was dead.