What's really there

When you see someone in the hallway what do you see? The girl that's short and not quite sure of herself. When you see her do you laugh at her, call her names and cut her down any way your possibly can? Or a you one of the minority that takes yourself away from your little circle of friends and talk to her. When you're with your friends and a boy that is openly gay walks by and the laugh and call him awful names do you join them? If you laugh at either of these kids or pick on them in any way you're not really seeing them, just what society labels them as. Now a days we're blinded by who someone really is, all we see are their labels and how we are some how 'better' than them. When you look at people with fresh eyes, like you didn't even know them that's when you see who they really are. Someone who deserves to be treated with love and respect no matter what their social status, sexuality, religion (etc) is. You see what's really there, and that's a mirror of yourself, maybe you're not gay, or you're the most popular girl in school. Believe it or not people do the same thing to you as you do to other people. You can't control what others say about you, and yes I know it sucks when people wisper about you. You can however control what you say or do, so next time before you go and run your mouth about anyone step back and really, really look at them and see what's there. What you find then may shock you.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Highlighter said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 12:52 pm:
U hav a great mind i love the way u think abut people and judgement all n 1. :-)