Top Voted Thriller/Mystery Articles

Here are the top voted thriller/mystery articles:

voted
#1
Ivory This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The manor that lay atop the lush green hillside looked forlorn and empty. Its white-washed walls were cracked, and the slate gray roof tiles had begun to tumble, bowing to the elements after two centuries of torture. Ivy slunk down the face of the... (more »)
16 comments
voted
#2
Mirror, Mirror This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It was after her worst temper tantrum that Chelsea's parents finally decided to take the trip they had been planning for so long. Chelsea's latest demand was that they take her across the Atlantic, to England, for a vacation. And this was... (more »)
23 comments
voted
#3
Macaroni This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Usually when something bad happens, you can feel it. You can feel it tingling in your bones; you can feel it creeping up your spine; you can feel it tugging at the depths inside you, nudging every nerve to beware, anything could happen. But... (more »)
55 comments
voted
#4
Accused This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“But I wasn't doin' nothing, officer.” “Like hell you weren't. Now keep still!” Vince couldn't believe it. He was just minding his own business when some punk ran into him and shoved a wallet in his hand. Now he was... (more »)
17 comments
voted
#5
Matilda This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It was December 25th, 1999, when Matilda first arrived at the Bruneski household. Harriet Bruneski, a small, brown-haired, sharp-eyed girl in third grade, took the stuffed black cat out of her stocking with some confusion. “Mommy,... (more »)
16 comments
voted
#6
Haunting Her This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It had been a week since he died, a week, though it seemed longer. But it had been a week – the calender on the wall proved it. She placed her finger on the current date, then moved it up to the day he had died, then one space over to the... (more »)
26 comments
voted
#7
Maestro Thaddeus Meringue This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
His left hand knew not the actions of his right. On one side, a hushed, flowing tempo. Opposed, spontaneous dynamics interlaid with fiery flair. He was a composer besot with power. Complete creative control, musicians hanging on his every... (more »)
8 comments
voted
#8
Haunted Memories This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Fear. You know, that thing that turns that small creak in the floorboards into a blood-hungry creature that's going to get you while you slumber? That feeling that won't let you convince yourself that you are alone in the room? That thick fog of... (more »)
7 comments
voted
#9
Hysteria is My Legacy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The eerie forest was so familiar, but the situation so unreal. When I was a young, pretty girl, I loved these woods, these ancient trees that reached to the sky with all the ambition in the world. I loved the soft grass that danced around my... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#10
Shadow Painter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Helen liked to paint. She liked smoothing the colors over an inviting white canvas, liked the brushes, mixing colors to make new ones that people didn't even know how to describe. She liked making hidden pictures that popped into existence without... (more »)
9 comments
voted
#11
Apartment 12b This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Hadley Place is home to 12 apartments, each unit's plan identical. But if on one lazy Sunday when the streets are sparse with life, you should decide to walk down to Hadley Place, you may see otherwise. If you were to press against the rear... (more »)
8 comments
voted
#12
Character Bleed This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
There is something frighteningly beautiful about hearts. Not the grade-school valentines, no, not the lollipops printed in ghastly white or the pretty round and pink cutouts, but the honest shape of a human heart. The dips and dripping curves and... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#13
The Absence of Light This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
If there had been any light, even a speck, you might have been able to glimpse the form of a boy sitting next to the refrigerator in the basement. As it was, it was black as sin, and the hours stretched long. Time wastes away in the dark.... (more »)
24 comments
voted
#14
Vyed’ma This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It was hot in the graveyard that day. The sunlight escaped through the wispy clouds and beat itself upon the newly upturned soil, upon the stone markers, and upon the mourners with a vengeance previously unheard of on a November day in Aksay,... (more »)
8 comments
voted
#15
Oneirataxia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
January 1st, 2011: New Year's. It doesn't feel like it this year. While my family celebrated, I nestled in bed and read Charles Manson quotes. We're trapped, according to him. The mainstream could never accept the words of a madman, but... (more »)
8 comments
voted
#16
The Trees This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
As children, my twin brother Michael and I were inseparable. We did everything together; we had the same interests, the same hobbies, even the same friends. But one summer, when we were nine, Michael went away to camp while I visited a friend.... (more »)
19 comments