Voices | Teen Ink

Voices

By Casey! BRONZE, Cranberry Island, Maine
Casey! BRONZE, Cranberry Island, Maine

All I saw were blurry figures. Confusion and fear ran through my whole body as if it was electricity and I was some kind of a cord. I heard a heart pounding. I couldn’t tell if it was in the dream or if it belonged to me.

The dream came into flashes that skipped parts. This made it seem like some kind of a horror flick. Fear ran through my entire body as I unwillingly saw more of the nightmare.

I knew that the girl in the vision was me. It had to be. She was dirty and her clothes were ripped. She was running from someone. She looked scared to death.

Before I could understand what was happening, a scream tore it’s way into my ears. The girl in my dream was crying. Soon her eyes instantly turned solid black. Fire surrounded her. The vision brought me back to my old dream once again. Everything happened like it did before. She destroyed everything and everyone. She looked out of control! I unwillingly kept my eyes shut. It was as if my eye lids were glued closed.

The girl in my dream suddenly hit the ground. Her eyes were closed and she looked like she was dead. She was covered in blood. Red liquid dropped from her nose.

This dream instantly stopped when I tore my eye lids open to find lonely darkness surrounding me.
I sat up quickly as I inhaled dry air into my lungs. My breathing sounded weak. I couldn’t think straight anymore. The tariffing dream felt real. I gulped saliva down my throat. My nose started to mildly burn. Soon tears stream down from the back of my eyes. I tried to fight them though it felt impossible.

What was happening to me? I held my self in a ball as I tried to figure out what was wrong. My shaking hands grasped the opposite arms. I knew that the terrifying and breath taking dreams would soon be true. There was no other explanation. I just couldn’t find a way to stop it.

I curled up in a ball. The covers from my bed were warm. I was alone. I was a monster and no one could fix that. I wasn’t a good person, or at least I wasn’t Going to be a good person. My dream was a sign of the future. It had to be. It was a sign that things were going to be worse than they already were. I became anxious for the future.

This story is one of the parts from my book, Voices. I edited it a little so that it made more sense to the reader. I hope you like it!