Earths Creation | Teen Ink

Earths Creation

By Megan.B GOLD, Orting, Washington
Megan.B GOLD, Orting, Washington

Farid,the dragon of fire,chased Ariel the dragoness of air,playfuly through the universe.Spitting fire balls at her,to have them blown back in a gust of wind.They had tired at the Milkyway, where Wealer,of the water, and Ela,of the earth,came racing in playing their own game of rough tag. This contintued for several decades,none ever tiring from their new astroid feild to play in,dodging nimbly through the hunks of rock with ease.
Until the of the astroids came flying at them.They all scattered.All but Ela.She had hoped to stop the massive rock.They called her away,but when she did turn it was too late.It hit her.Hard.All three of her friends watched as she imploded on contact with it.What was left was only the shrapnel of the astroid and Ela's still alive heart.Warm.Beating.The trio weeped for eons over the heart of their beloved friend.By the time all three had stopped crying,the heart was flooded with tears.
"What shall we call it?" Farid asked mournfuly.Wealer merely stared at the chunk of Ela's soul.Ariel sighed out,just as sad, "We shall call it Earth." Wealer lifted his head, "Why so you ask? Because her heart and soul was of earth!"
They had shrunk in their time of dipair.All were dwarfed by Ela's heart.Wealer dove to the surface of Earth and poked his tail into the oceans of tears,but nothing replied. "Hm.I thought there would be more life in this place of water.I must make the life Ela so foolishly forgot!" He slowly waded into the water,With each step he grew more transparent,until he vanished into the oceans.His pull on the land grows stronger every day.
Farid,he hid for years,until the first living land creature was made. He raced across the land in search of Ela's true awakener,and he still does.
Ariel,however, stayed with the asteroid.Forever sighing over Earth,allways waiting.Watching.In vain for her friend to come back to her...

I didn't include discriptoins of the characters because I want you to tell me what a dragon should look like to you.

on May. 12 2010 at 10:18 am
AelitaReloaded PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona

"The pen is mightier than the sword" author unknown (to me)

This story is interesting, but what was the ultimate point?  Stories of this sort always are trying to reach some sort of point.  Try spending a bit more time on the ending, next time.