The White Beach | Teen Ink

The White Beach

September 7, 2017
By Rimmer5 BRONZE, Versailles, Missouri
Rimmer5 BRONZE, Versailles, Missouri
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. ~ Albert Schweitzer


On this white beach you would walk down and see a little girl in a pink dress playing in the sand. She was there every day I never understood why she was always in that spot playing and she didn’t have her parents there watching her. She looked maybe 6 years old. She had beautiful long brown hair. The little girl had the prettiest blue eyes. Her eyes would sparkle in the sunlight. When the little girl would look at you her eyes you could see sadness and loneliness. I went on the beach to go swimming with my friends and I saw the little girl again. So I asked my friends if they knew who this little girl was. They all looked at me and laughed like I was joking. I told them this isn’t a joke guys I’m serious who is this little girl. That's when my friends asked if I was okay because no one was there. I was getting frustrated I see the girl perfectly clear why couldn’t they. So I just played off like I was joking. While we were swimming I was watching the little girl as she builds the same sand castle she does everyday. She starts singing a song I try to listen to the lyrics but I couldn’t hear them I was too far away. I try to get closer then all the sudden when I get to her she stops singing and has a scared look on her face. I was terrified then she suddenly had stab wounds all over her body and blood was everywhere. I got scared when she screamed bloody murder, then she was silently laying there. I watched the blood reach my foot as I stand there terrified she grabs my leg and says help me and she had tears in her face then she was gone. I was so scared that I didn’t noticed my concerned friends around me. My friends finally shaked me and said “whats wrong”. I looked at them and said, ” you didn’t hear this poor little girl screaming she was murdered. How could you guys not see her. Why were you guys pretending she didn’t exist when I can clearly see her.” My friends said that I was crazy there was no one here and no one was murdered. When I got home all I could think about is that little girl. There's something about her. I need to figure this out and do whatever I can do to help. I fall asleep and dream of everything that I had seen at that beach. The next morning I skipped hanging with my friends and went straight to the beach and like always the little girl was back to building sand castles in the same exact spot. That's when I realized this girl must've been murdered in this spot building sand castles. This made me think maybe her murderer never got caught. I must go do research and find out what the name of this little girl is. I must find out as much as I can about her. I went to the library and looked at all the newspapers. I wasn’t finding anything on a little girl being found dead on beach. So I decided to ask the librarian about the girl dieing on the beach. When I had asked the librarian she looked shocked I had knew about it. She said yes it's in the newspaper that was printed in the year 1980. She gave me the newspaper dated June 20, 1980. The article was titled Little girl brutally murdered on beach. The article talked about how Sarah Jane would always go to the beach and build sand castles with her parents but one day no one went to the beach but them. That's when this murder happen. The parents said they were not able to save her they ran for their lives before the killer got them. They notified the police as soon as possible. By the time the ambulance got there it was too late she was dead. Sarah had 32 stab wounds all over her body. When I read that I knew there was anger from whoever killed her. I think it's odd of some stranger just having that much anger to kill this little girl. I read on about how they have never found the murder weapon to get fingerprints. This murder case went cold and was never solved. That's when I knew I have to solve this case I must free this little girl from her pain. When you look at this case you realized that all the things don’t add up. I think her parents did it because they haven't been pressing for answers and haven't been trying to find their daughter's killer. They haven't even visited where she died. So that's when I decided I would find her parents and question them.  When I went to the post office and asked where does Mr. and Mrs.Jane live. The post office lady looked at me and said you don’t know? I gave her a quizzical look. The lady said Mrs.Jane was murdered on the beach and Mr.Jane has disappeared. No one has found his body nor have they found any trace of him being alive. I couldn’t believe it so they were all murdered. Who would want to murder a family with so much hate. As I’m thinking about all this I realized I need to find out how this girl mom died. I went back to the library and asked the librarian where's the newspaper with the girls mom death in it. She looked even more shocked that I knew about this. When she handed me the newspaper with the date June 20, 1981. I felt pain in my heart she died exactly one year after her daughter on the beach. The newspaper talked about how the mother visited her daughter's spot where she died that day and never came back. When someone came to look for her they found her dead with 62 stab wounds. The newspaper said she had tears on her face and holding the flowers that were for her daughter when she died. That's when I needed to look on the beach and see if the mom was stuck there too. It was getting late so I went to bed to think about everything that happen today.
The next morning I woke up and I was cold but sweat on my forehead. I was terrified why did my body feel so cold. I quickly got up and got dressed and went to the beach. As I’m walking the beach the feeling was gone. Then I walked 15 feet up past where the little girl was I saw the mom sad. I watched her as she cried she was singing the same song the little girl was singing. 
As she finished singing that's when she says I loved you so much when we ran away we thought he come after us not you. You have to know we thought he would've left you alone. I don’t know why this masked man killed you. Why did he have to take you away from me. Then she all the sudden clutched the flowers and she squeezed the flowers and said why are you here? What do you want? Please leave us alone as she cries I see her tears turn to blood. Then she pauses for a minute and said John. Then that's when she starts screaming and blood is being spilled everywhere. She gets on her knees and said please before I die tell me why you would kill my baby girl. That's when I knew the answer to that must of been terrifying because her eyes gotten big and she looked terrified as she had tears rolling down her face. I watched her fall in an ocean of her blood. Right before she died her last words were you won’t get away with this. I was so upset on who would just do this. So their killer is John but who is he. What does John have to do with this family and why did he want to kill them. That's when I thought what if the father is still alive and being held against his will or what if he's just really hiding well. The only way to find out is to find this John guy. So I asked my friends how many adults we had in our town called John. You know what they told me? They said there's only two people in this whole town called John. The first John was John Fairly he was the librarians husband. Now the second John was John Jane which is Sarah’s grandfather. At this point I don’t know for sure which John did it. So I decided I will watch each suspect closely and try to gather evidence. Before I do that I decided I would go to the library and ask the librarian about what she thinks on the whole thing with sarah and her parents. So as I walked in she stared at me very intently and she looked at me like i'm a criminal. I was a little confused on what her deal was. Then she said what do you need now. I said “I just wanted to know what do you think about the murder of Sarah and her mom and how her dad is missing.” She looked at me angrily and said “what kind of question is that!” I said “I just wanted your opinion on this tragedy that was never been solved.” She raised her hand to me and said “Don’t you ever ask me anything about this again.” She realized I was cowering in fear of the possibility of hitting me over a simple question. That's when she dropped her hand at her side and said “leave now I don’t want you back in here for the rest of the week.” I was so shocked that's when I thought what if it was her husband and she knew about it. No what if she was part of the murders. That's when I knew I must go talk to John Jane and see what he knows. As I am traveling to his house I see a lot of people playing with family and being happy. As I approach his house I see picture of the grandaughter and the mother and it says you are missed dearly. The picture of Mr.Jane said please return my son to me safely. I knock on the door and John opened the door and said “yes, how may I help you my young child.” I told him I would like to talk to him about his family. He told me of course I would love to talk about them. John made me some tea and cookies as we sat down to talk. I said I need to know was there anything special about your family that would cause someone to murder your son’s family. He told me no everyone was our friends. We were kind to everyone we met or knew. I said “What about John Fairly?” He said that they had their ups and downs but it was over money and how he thinks we should pay for his wife's library to be made bigger. I told him we can’t do that because they don’t own the property the government does. There was nothing we could do about it. After that we never talked again. I said “Sir I’ve honestly been researching everything and I know he killed your family and the way it's sounding he might have your son held captive or he might be dead.” When I asked his wife today about the whole murder she kicked me out of the library for a week. John looked at me shocked so I explained everything about seeing their spirits and how we must get John Fairly for his crime to free them. John said of course I believe you young one. I said good I have an Idea but I need your help getting the police to work with me. Once the police arrived I told them give me a hidden mike and I will have the guy confess to the crime. The police said alright we will provide you with a mike and get you ready to go in. Once I was ready I knocked on Mr.Fairly’s door. He answered and I said “Sir I need to talk to you.” He said of course come in he told me. That's when I felt a little scared the vibe I was getting from him was not good. I sat down and he smiled really creepily to me. Mr.Fairly said “now lets not play around little girl.” I told him sir I know you killed Sarah and her mother. I suspect you have Mr.Jane held captive somewhere or even killed him too. He smiled and said “you smart little girl. You're right I did kill them they wouldn’t give me money. They wouldn’t help me so I made them suffer.” I watched him pull out a knife he said,” You scared little girl? This is the same knife I stabbed them with. Now it will have your blood on it too.” I was hoping the police would bust in now but they didn’t. I quickly start backing up. That's when the man said I enjoyed it as I watch the life drain from them like a pool draining of water very slowly. I stabbed them and stabbed so they could feel the pain as they die as they watch me laugh as they die terrified. You don’t know how much that satisfied me. Now I can have the feeling come back by stabbing you. Before I knew it I felt pain In my shoulder and heard his scary laughing. I ran away and his wife grabbed me and held me as he came with the knife I was screaming while they were both laughing. Then that's when the cops busted in and I got knocked out. Next thing I know I wake up in the hospital. I saw John Jane smiling at me and said, “Thank you so much for finding my son and his family killer.” I found out they found Mr.Jane tied up down stairs and they were torturing him. My parents found out what I did and they were proud of me. I smiled and said I’m just glad I helped. John said as a reward I’m going to give you ten thousand dollars every two months. He also said and you can come over anytime you would like. My family and I went out to dinner with John. We all smiled and had a good time.