Lion King Gone Wild | Teen Ink

Lion King Gone Wild

January 18, 2013
By Denise Wirth-Vavra BRONZE, Everson, Washington
Denise Wirth-Vavra BRONZE, Everson, Washington
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The real story of The Lion King isn’t played by the so called good guy King Mufasa, but by Scar and his Hyena herd, let me tell you how it all really went down in Africa…Okay, so now that you know my cheap excuse of a brother isn’t king, I’m sure you’ll enjoy my story a lot better than the old fable. It started as when we were young cubs. I was always my parent’s favorite kid because I was polite and the perfect next throne to be brought up after their time. As well my big brother Mufasa, he was the rebel and always got in trouble which was probably why mom and dad never let him have great opportunities to make decisions. Sometimes when dad made a great decision to shun he asked someone, he asked me what my opinion was.
Growing older was one of the toughest times in my lion years. Our parents died when we were in our young years, and our father left a will saying I would take the throne. It was a great idea. Except for the fact NOONE else agreed with me. To everyone else I was the most selfish and disgusting lion. My thoughts on that were probably because I was best friends with some pretty awesome creatures, Hyenas. They were just like me in everyway; handsome, good looking, smart, handsome, good looking... yeah you get the point?. I am sure the rest of Africa was just jealous because I was the sexiest Amish lion around. My black mane was just amazing, especially since everyone else’s was brown. Mufasa was this skinny shabby little fella, and that is probably why he died right as we grew into adults. You see, dad taught me all the hunting skills let’s just say. Mufasa wasn’t to good with hunting, but one thing he was good at was charming women and that is why I’m stuck with his little bundle of horror, Simba.
I knew right from the beginning that this would be a great plan to be played into action. My brilliant plan was to train Simba to befriend an outsider and to fall in love with her so that I could shun him out of the Pride Lands. In case you don’t know what an outsider is; they’re needy lions that live in the light part of Africa. Mother taught us never to go there because he said “Together we are in the great circle of life”. I didn’t quite understand what she meant by telling me that, but now I think I do. And that’s the lions that want to obey the Amish way are together, and the rest go to the bright side with the rest of the lifeless creatures.

Now that Simba is a grown lion, my magnificent plan can begin, I’m pretty sure that the outsider lioness Nala will fall deeply in love with him. Want to know the awesome thing? I was correct! They did get married an attempted to live happily ever after, until I murdered him

……
IM TOTTALY KIDDING. No, what happened afterwards was he came to me for my consent because I was his only family around. Oddly enough, I was a little sad to have to shun him. I told him that he could never be seen around this area anymore, and that if I did, there would be a major paparazzi out there after him. All he did was look at me with a big ol’ frown and say “ I knew it”. After that I began to realize that maybe I was to hard on this family and I don’t know, I never felt to sense to love anyone before. That was a day I’d never forget. Realizing that maybe things could’ve been different all these years was pretty upsetting, and knowing that maybe if I would’ve been nice to my brother Mufasa that things would have gone a lot smoother. I guess my lesson to all of you is; never to jump to conclusions, and learn how to forgive and except.