My Dream House | Teen Ink

My Dream House

I am walking through the biggest house that I have ever been in. The floor is as hard as nails. The air is a gentle blanket wrapping around my cold body. I smell the sweet stench of oranges overwhelm the air. I walk up the long, winding stairs toward the huge window smiling over the whole backyard. I can see the lake that overpowers the lawn. I can see the pool where you can swim just like a fish. I can see the statue of my grandfather standing next to the pool as proud as a lion and as quiet as a mouse. I want to jump out and fly like a bird over the whole property. But I know that that cannot happen.

I suddenly feel something rubbing against my skin. It is warm, soft, and fluffy. I look down, seeing the old dog’s face peering out of the window. I know that he loves this house as much as I do. I also know that he loves to go out and run around the yard. He has so much fun; I can’t help but watch him. It’s a dog’s life.

I finally leave to go and see the different rooms in my house. The house is almost as big as the Empire State Building! I walk around, seeing that some of the rooms are as empty as a cave. I can suddenly picture it now. All of the rooms will be filled soon. I can see my home office, my video editing studio, and my home theater. Those are the rooms that I always wanted.

I can see the green screen inside of the video-editing studio. That is where I can make all of my cool special effects for my films. This is the place that I can make better films. I am happy that I now have a studio. My old one was as small as a mouse. This new one is as big as my old house itself.

I can see my home office. I see the nice new computer sitting on top of my beautiful oak desk. This is the place where I can sit down and let all of my thoughts escape from my mind. This is the place that I can relax when I’m having a bad day. I can read some of the books that are sitting on the shelves, collecting dust. I never have time to read them. This is not a very big office, but it is the nice, cozy place where I get to relax.

I can picture my home theater. The big screen with the projector hooked in the ceiling is dangling in my mind. I can see the big black speakers mounted on the wall projecting the seven-point-one surround sound. This is where I can watch all of my films that I create. I can have all types of parties and other stuff. Once this room is finished, it will truly be a dream-come-true.

I suddenly find myself inside my warm, cozy bed looking at the blank wall looking back at me. I feel the warm, cozy fur of the old dog rubbing against my hand. I realize that I was really in my “dream house” because it was just a dream. I know that I shouldn’t covet such things like a house as big as that. I should just be happy with what I have now. But I am happy with what I have. It’s small, but it is nice. This is the place where I can relax, read a book, or write something new. I don’t need a house with all of that video-editing studio and other things like that. However, I don’t think that I would mind having that home office.