My Beast, Miracle | Teen Ink

My Beast, Miracle

April 28, 2011
By softball71096 BRONZE, Commack, New York
softball71096 BRONZE, Commack, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My most dangerous “game” is an extremely fortunate beast. The luck it possesses is like picking the winning number out of a million. If hunting was a lottery game, the hunter would lose thousands of dollars. Some call this beast a miracle from above sent down to bring good fortune to everyone. The people who say this aren't the hunters. Just the wonderers. “Miracle” feeds on people's good hearts, deeds, and kindness and is no bigger than a rabbit, but is glimmering silver and is easily seen. This makes it easy for people to find her, but they have to work to get some of her good luck. Different people take different approaches as to getting its powers. Many greedy people don't work for anything, but just look for it too often, and hunt it down. These people depend on Miracle to drag them through whatever they need, and Miracle bring bad luck upon these people. However, 'miracle' is never killed, but rather it escapes, and her good luck comes back once the error is seen in greedy ways.

Hunters want to capture it hoping that its luck will rub off on them, but Miracle only gives her luck and miracles to worthy opponents and believers. Miracle believes that good luck and good fortune comes only to people who have a golden heart and intentions that are pure. It punishes greedy hunters by never forcing bad luck upon them. It will not often use her own lucky powers to help herself get out of tricky situations, because Miracle is not selfish. Sometimes things don't end well for the greediest hunters, which makes hunting this beast a dangerous “game”.


The author's comments:
This piece is about good and bad luck that is personified into a 'beast'