Dream | Teen Ink

Dream

March 14, 2011
By kped3 BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois
kped3 BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
\" Dream as if you\'ll live forever, Live as if you die tomorrow.\" -James Dean


Her breath was hollowed as she followed the dim light in the dark woods. She was scared to breathe loudly for she knew bad things would happen. She didn’t want other people to hear her scream for mercy when the man caught her. She had her hands over her mouth and tears streaming down her face. She was terrified. She began to walk a little faster from her hiding spot, and stepped on a twig. It crunched between her shoe and the cold, hard, wet ground. She quickly looked around, panic was in her breath; she began to look for anything to hid her for this man, or beast.
She jumped behind the tree. This beast heard her; turned quickly to find her. This beast scouted her out. He looked viciously for anyway to get to her. It’s fat, green, boiled head sniffed the ground beneath her shoes. Only then did the girl realize this has happened before. Everything has happened more than twice. She knows the way out, or for she thought. She was still scared, and she quickly and quietly kept walking. She saw a light between the woods and ran. She didn’t care if the beast saw her; she ran to save her own life. Only suddenly, then many beast appeared out of thin air. She was confused; everything seemed to change. She screamed bloody murder. Then, she awoke from her chaotic dream.
She was gasping for air. Her mother ran into her room to see if everything was okay. Her mother said she heard her talking in her sleep, but didn’t think she would have a nightmare. She nodded as beads of sweat rolled off her head.
“Wow, I feel like I’m five years old again. I can’t believe I had a dream about some monster or scary man. It’s like I’m living in a movie of Nightmare on Elm Street. This is retarded. Ha-ha. What if I somehow had Harry Potter enter my dream and pull out a magical wand to make it the beast into a slithering snake? Ha-ha. Wow.” She said.
“Well honey, I’m sure you’ll be fine. You’re just nervous about the graduation ceremony tomorrow. Don’t worry about it. You’ll be okay.” Her mother had said to comfort her.
Her mother left the room and she quickly laid back down. Everything about that dream had inspired her. The vividness of the dream; everything seemed so real to her. She loved the adrenaline, and she powered it into her real life dream. She became a writer.


The author's comments:
A dream actually inspired me to write. I began writing my dream down and came up with a huge story.