Black Pearl | Teen Ink

Black Pearl

By GothAngelGirl17 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
GothAngelGirl17 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

Preface

How should I start this, maybe starting with my name because that’s the only thing that matters. I’m not going to tell you about my childhood. That’s not even important, but my name is Aira last name unknown. I wasn’t supposed to be walking on this Earth since the day I was born. I was always a danger to the human race, and a meal to the Vampire race, and I was living life like if there was nothing going on. I now know that I shouldn’t been invisible, because the pain that went thorough couldn’t compare to anything. I will tell you this. I didn’t think my future was set and stone. His job was to change it, while my job was to pretend that I didn’t know. Too bad I did, because there wasn’t a day that went by when I didn’t think about it.

Black Pearl

I was walking to my school. It never really took that long, but I did have to go up three hills so it seemed like a very long way. Wearing my black hoodie and some old skinny jeans with my black and white converse was my normal way of dressing. It was the first day of school. I was now a sophomore at Penn Manor High School. Once I got to the first hill, I stopped. There was a man standing on top the hill, but he was like fifteen feet away from me. I started to get nervous. I didn’t like to walk with people near me, but I just kept my own business and started walking again. He was walking toward me now. I stopped again. Now that he was closer, I could see his face. His face was paler than white, and it had cracks like if he was breaking out, and yet he looked young. He was wearing black jeans with a black robe that looked like the 1900’s.

“Good morning sir.” I said politely

“Hello” his voice was rusty like when a person didn’t talk for days, which suited his appearance. I started walking away from him when he grabbed my hand.

“Hey!” I yelled jerking my hand away.

“I need your blood.” He said
He pushed me on the ground and got on top of me.

“Get off me!” I screamed, but I couldn’t push him off. That’s when I REALLY saw him. His teeth were long and in that instant I knew that my life was slowly ending.

A car pulled out of the road with a screech as it stopped. A guy got out of the car and walked towards me as he grabbed a handful of my attacker’s robe and pulled him off me. I crawled my way out, but I was too shocked to make another move. I heard cracking noises and that’s when I saw my attacker in pieces. My unknown savior had ripped him to shreds. I couldn’t stand up; my eyes were wide open with tear drops in them because I thought that I was going to die. My savior came walking towards me. I didn’t know if I was scared that he had just killed a guy in front of me, or if I was grateful that he did.

“Get in my car, please. I’ll explain everything to you in the car.” He said trying to hold back a smile. I can tell that he was trying to be serious but something was not letting him.

“What are you? Who are you? I’m so confused” I said looking at his face trying to get an answer from him.

“I said that I will explain to you what happened but you have to give me a second.” He said. I got in the car trying to find out any information on this guy, but there was nothing. I looked out of the window looking for him but he was nowhere to be found. He came out of the woods in that instant and got in the car.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked

“Where do you think? School remember?” He said

“Oh yeah, I totally forgot.” I said biting my lip.

“What’s your name?” I asked

“My name is Akkad.”
I liked that name; it was a name that I wouldn’t forget. He drove me to school while I look outside the window as I see black and green shadows turn into nothing. That’s how fast he was going; I couldn’t make out where we were. We turned on the street of my school. There were no kids there, barely any teachers. We were mega early. I sat on a table that was outside. He sat next to me and took out a necklace that shined in the light. It was a black pearl. He tied it on the back of my neck and let it shine.

“This is to protect you from vampires. It repels our kind and they will not be able to smell you, even if they tried. When vampires are near you it turns red. This necklace is very ancient and it was made for you. I’ve been waiting centuries for you to give you this and to tell you why you’re here.” He said

“I don’t understand, what do you mean by why I’m here?” I asked being curious by what he was warning me of that has to do with me being here.

“I don’t know how you’re going to take it.”

“Just tell me.” I said raising my voice

“Your parents are going to die soon.” He said slowly
My eyes started to water and I couldn’t refrain. I was feeling broken and I didn’t even know why, but I knew that he wasn’t done telling me the truth about me.

“What else is there?” I asked looking down at my converse.

“Your blood is every special. You’re the only person in the world that has your kind of blood and it smells very delicious to us vampires. In the future your parents were going to do die, because a vampire was going to do anything to get your blood. Once your parents died, you started to realize shadows and people following you. You did research and found out that vampires exist. You were going to train yourself to become a vampire hunter and track down who killed you parents, but instead you killed every vampire alive including me and became obsessed with hunting us. You had no future at all.”

“How do you know all this?” I asked

“I can see the future.” He said.

“What am I supposed to do?” I asked

“Nothing just never take off that necklace and you would be fine. No vampires will ever know that you’re the one with the special blood” he said

“So, that’s it, that’s all you’re leaving me with.”

“Yeah that’s all I came here to do.” He said standing up and walking away.

“Wait! Will I ever see you again?”

“You like to ask a lot of questions don’t you.”

“Yeah I’ve been know for one of those people who asks a lot of questions.”

“I will always be around, watching over you to see if your future changes.”

“Ok, I just wanted to know.” I said looking at his angel blue eyes that pierced through me when he looked at me back.

“I have to go. I’ve got other places to go.” He walked away and looked back at me. He stopped walking and gave me a wink and disappeared in the fog that was hiding behind the school. I sighed and looked at the pearl, and for some reason I thought that the pearl was also a way for him to find me. He was already gone, and even if I tried looking for him I knew I wouldn’t find him, because in my heart I knew that he would be watching over me.

“Goodbye Akkad.” I whispered at the black pearl “Goodbye for now.”