Tears of Clover in Winter (Short-stories) ~1~ | Teen Ink

Tears of Clover in Winter (Short-stories) ~1~

October 9, 2009
By DreamALittleDreamOfMe GOLD, Sea Cliff, New York
DreamALittleDreamOfMe GOLD, Sea Cliff, New York
19 articles 11 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"HA!!!! wait, i don't get it...."


The Girl waved Slowly, and Gravely to her only friend and her only sister as she was driven to the hospital. The Girl, Jasmine, Had been fighting Cancer for almost three years now. She had also been fighting to keep her supernatural power, Necromancy, a secret. People thought that it was the effect of the medication that she was taking, or her overactive imagination, when she talked to "ghosts" as she would always put it. She sometimes even saw her own Mother, who had also battle cancer, and had unfortunately lost that fight. The people she saw, were normal people, but only she and other Necromancers could see them, for they had passed on, but were stuck between Earth and the Other-World (which her mother so kindly explained to her before she passed). Jasmine sighed and walked out of the car, that was now parked in the parking lot of the hospital. She hated going to the Hospital, because it was crawling with spirits who had yet to move on. Some of them tried to talk to her, others tried to scare her, which wasn't hard since she was only six years old.

Jasmine had only one friend, her name was Clover. Clover knew about Jasmines supernatural powers, and yet she did not fear her, treat her badly, or taunt her for them. She did not do these things because she too, had supernatural powers. Clover was a mediocre classed witch. Her sister, Violet, loved her twin sister to death. Violet knew about her sisters "Gift" and she was always there for her when she needed someone to be there. Violet, was not "blessed" with a power as her father would put it. The two sisters were inseparable, closer than peanut-butter and jelly, even though both they're personalities clashed like fire and water.

Jasmine braced herself for the pain of her cancer medication, and the pain of her Ab-normal gift that wouldn't leave her alone.

"Well, Jasmine, Here we are." the woman strongly, but softly spoke to the young girl. She nodded some-what immobilized, as she stared at the large hell-hole called a hospital. the little girl gripped the woman's hand with fear and wavering. they walked through the front doors, and instantly the hairs on the back of her neck rose, as she looked at the mutated faces of people who died, and were trapped on this earth. "Hello Miss Jasmine. are you ready for your check-up?" The woman behind the front desk said with a sickly-sweet smile. Jasmine gulped, not aware of the doom that was waiting before her.


The author's comments:
it is a short story that is hopefully going to be continued.