You know me well, color edition | Teen Ink

You know me well, color edition

By Clova PLATINUM, Miami, Florida
Clova PLATINUM, Miami, Florida

Brave, unconcerned, mocking, violent-thus wisdom wants us: she is a woman and always loves only a warrior

You know me well, when you understand the colors I speak.

My lips will purse and stamper washed up words, like the dark blue ocean reeling in the tide, I will have trouble voicing these scars. Scattered droplets of pain will surface as I speak cerulean and you will know I am morose.

Suddenly, like the sun peering through a gloomy sky, my orange humor will make light of it. Rapid sarcasm and averted eyes, begging that you don’t pity me. I burn orange to sizzle sympathy. You will know this is my bluff.

A spilt color holds two parts of my soul. I will scream furious fire, shouting streams of heat until my body shakes red. But as I cool into coal, my eyes will glint ambers of red passion. I will love you and radiate eternal gratitude and lust, singing as one. You will know my red temper and indefatigable fervor.

When the moon rises, a bright white will gleam from my iris's as I speak in tones of stars. In my element, these bright flashes of impulse will devour my actions and words. You will know, I am whole.

As the dark drains the light, a grey will silence me. You will know that I am at war with my demons.

In the early morning, when I ease into tranquility, I will open my eyes and speak in yellow. Lightly stroking your face and silently thanking you. You will know my dependance on your tender ways.

Curled in a blanket, sipping hazelnut coffee, I will proclaim ideas of the future and tales of wisdom. These green words of life are the little things that make me unique. You will know them by heart.

But most of all, you will know me well when you brighten my blue, demand truth in my orange, fight and crave my red, yearn and kiss my white, hold me through my grey, blush at my yellow and speak in my green. A color spectrum of understanding and intertwinement.

Like most great pieces of work, love inspired this.